Sunday, June 10, 2012

MAC Week 3 - Response to Jessica Isla

MAC Week 3 – Response to Jessica Isla


Jessica,

You have a great selection of journals.  The Language Learning and Technology would be a great fit especially if this is your target audience.  If you review recent issues they have several classroom studies on being “Caught in the Web” or Interactive Whiteboards.  I see they are calling for manuscripts for the Special issue on Game & Play Activity in Technology.  Is this the issue you are aiming for?  I know you have worked with Story Jumper in the past classes… Have you continued using it in your final project?  I was always interested in the success of Story Jumper with a young target audience.  I used it with my middle school audience as a reward.  They ended up using it to create stories for the younger grades.  It was a great success and the students really felt like they were helping the younger ones.  They even began taking story requests.  Your audience was first grade, correct?  I would think the increased engagement of technology would really assist second language learners with the writing process.  Did you notice any difference in story development in Story Jumper between second language learners and native speakers? 




Original Post: Jessica Isla

Week 3: Blog Post #2 - Leadership post: Leadership Project Hub

The purpose of my action research is to create a technology rich environment full of creative lessons that will consistently capture student attention and increase motivation levels within a learning environment.  I have done some research about where I would like my article published and I have narrowed it down to two online journal: Language Learning & Technology and The Reading Teacher.  I like both of these journals for different reasons, but my first choice would probably be the first journal, Language Learning & Technology, because I teach students who are English learners (learners of a second language).  This journal would be perfect for my article.  Not only can I tell my story, but I can tell it to an audience that has the same interest and same type of students that I have.  It's important to be able to reach and impact these types of students because (and this is solely based on my own classroom experiences) these are the students who struggle with maintaining motivation and learning academic content on a daily basis.


Here are the two URL links to my previous Leadership Blog posts:



Here is the URL link for my Leadership Document:






No comments:

Post a Comment