Thursday, June 7, 2012

MAC Week 2 – Response to Valencia Winston –


MAC Week 2 – Response to Valencia Winston –
WK 2 Leadership Blog-Where do I want to share my project?

Valencia,

I too am not familiar with many of the publications listed.  It has been quite the feat just sifting through the publications and finding one that is a suitable showcase for your work.  The CITE and SITE seems a good fit for your Cyber Bullying work.  It is encouraging that the manuscripts can vary in length.  I found your selection of the English Journal an interesting choice.  I see that the focus is on better understanding successes and failures in the classroom, which seems to fit.  However the title of the journal seems to indicate a focus on the English classroom.  No?


Lastly, I must say, I absolutely love you last paragraph.  I feel similar feelings as well.  Stress, the unknown, the learning curve… WE have come to know these feelings well over the last year.  However when you write, “I do not see any work similar to mine”, I was very excited for you.  This is the point we have waited for.  You now can share you research with others and make a difference in education.  You are on the verge of groundbreaking.  I wish you well. – Cherylee

BTW – Love the Artwork.

Original Post -

WK 2 Leadership Blog-Where do I want to share my project?

I have decided to pursue two different journals for publication of my research on cyber bullying.  First, I have chosen English Journal, which is edited by Ken Lindblom. The journal accepts manuscripts of 2,500 to 3,750 words, but requires a written statement that the submission has not been published or submitted elsewhere.  The manuscript will be read by two or more outside reviewers, who will attempt to have an answer within three months.  I am most interested in having my work published in the Research for the Classroom column (Editor: Julie Gorlewski), because of the focus on providing a lens for teachers to better understand successes and failures in the classroom. The submission can be 1000-2000 words in length. I feel that this column word be the best fit for my work on cyber bullying.  The second journal that I will pursue is CITE-Contemporary Issues in Technology and Teacher Education CITE has a division called SITE-Society for Information Technology and Teacher Education, in which I am interested in being published. There is a section in the journal titled “Current Practice” that may be a good fit for my work. The length of the article can vary, which is encouraging. The guidelines also require that the work has not be previously submitted or considered for publishing elsewhere.

Publishing is a new frontier for me. As I am researching, I am not sure that I am asking all of the right questions, or even going in the right direction. I am just learning about these publications, which has produced a level of stress. I do not see work similar to mine on the websites, but this may be meaningless.  I certainly look forward to creating a larger confidence level, as I pursue this goal.



No comments:

Post a Comment