Thursday, June 7, 2012

MAC Week 2 – Leadership Post – Where, Oh Where?


MAC Week 2 – Leadership Post – Where, Oh Where?

Finding where to publish was quite the difficult task.  I came across several journals that I found intriguing and were a good fit for my research.  However, the key was finding something with an open deadline.  For example, at first, I considered “Voices From the Middle”, since it relates to Language Arts in Middle School.  However, I found most journals have current themes for submissions.  Currently, they are excepting manuscripts on “Expanding the Canon:  Virtue or Vice?”  Topics that I might qualify for are months down the line.  Therefore, the search continued…

I finally came upon the NCTE Journal, “Language Arts”.  It is a professional journal for elementary and middle school teachers highlighting current research relating to Language Arts.  I thought it would be a perfect showcase for my work since my goal was to increase engagement in the writing process through digital storytelling.   Luckily the theme for the November issue is “Innovations”. 



“We invite manuscripts that describe exciting innovative practices that are enriching the lives of young people. Who is leading the way? What should we, as fellow educators, researchers, and family members, know about what’s going on? What conditions have led to innovative spaces and practices? In what ways are the innovations inviting children to participate in the language arts? How can we follow the lead of the most innovative practitioners?”

I feel this will be the best choice for my Action Research Project.  Receipt of the submission will be via email.  However, I will not know if I am accepted for about three months.  The wait begins…

Resources:

Language Arts Journal - http://www.ncte.org/journals/vm/call

No comments:

Post a Comment